We want to assure you that we are committed to providing a safe environment for all. We will continue to monitor local requirements as we get closer to the event date and update our protocols as new information becomes available.
- We will adhere to COVID-19 safety guidelines established by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local health authorities, and the conference venue. We will share any special protocols at our event with you as the date approaches.
- In accordance with local guidelines, masks are currently recommended for all participants in public spaces, regardless of vaccination status.
- We ask anyone feeling ill or showing symptoms of COVID-19 to remain home. If you have had contact with or been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the event, we ask that you test and monitor your symptoms before attending.
- If you are unable to participate for a COVID-19-related reason, please let us know immediately, and we will work with you on your registration refunds or see about potential remote accommodations.
Protocols and Requirements
Before the conference
- Please familiarize yourself with current CDC recommendations regarding travel and local COVID-19 requirements. While masking is not currently mandated while traveling, masing during travel reduces your chance of exposure (especially when planes are unventilated before take-off and on landing)
- Understand that public spaces have an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and evaluate your comfort level with attending an in-person conference.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have had COVID-19 exposure in the 14 days before the event. Contact the organizers if this applies to you
- We encourage everyone to test before traveling to the event. If you would like a free antigen test, please visit this link.
- We encourage everyone to wear well-fitted masks in the conference space unless you are actively eating.
- Maintain appropriate social distance at high traffic areas such as the registration desk and respect posted social distancing signs
- Recognize some conference events (meals and receptions) where attendees will be unmasked while eating/drinking. Consider your comfort level when deciding to participate in these events.
- Follow all appropriate recommendations, including frequent hand washing, covering your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing, and avoiding face touching.
- To assist in minimizing potential physical contact, elbow bumps are a great alternative to handshakes.
- Should you feel ill or exhibit COVID-19 symptoms while attending the conference, we ask that you quarantine in your room and contact the conference coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org or (833) 676-3967 for help with any support you might need.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of returning home, we encourage you to contact the conference coordinators at email@example.com or (833) 676-3967 and notify other conference participants that you were around.